WATCH US PRINT MOUTH GUARDS USING OUR 3D PRINTER
We print many of our patients’ night guards using 3D printers right at the front desk.
Here’s a look at the step-by-step process:
1. We scan the patients’ mouth and teeth with a 3D camera to make a digital impression (the digital version of the “pudding” that the orthodontist used to put in the patient’s mouth).
2. A digital lab tech designs the appliance.
3. Then we take that design and nest it on the 3D printer.
4. Once the appliance is finished printing, we wash off the excess material and use a UV light source to cure the final appliance.
5. Lastly, we deliver the appliance to the patient to make sure that it fits properly and that they understand how to take care of it.
Watch the video below to see how it works: